I have just finished by digital story! I finally just had to say it is good enough. Even though I struggled with the technical difficulties of making the vignette, I really enjoyed the process. I am really happy I learned about this technology and I am sure I will use it the future. I had no idea I could actually do this.
I can see how exciting and beneficial this would be to use in the classroom to present material and the finished product is so fun to see. I think kids would enjoy making these stories as a way to share creative writing, biographies, etc.
For me I noticed I spent a lot of time on this project and eventually I had to say ok it is done. I had trouble getting my narration done on my slides first it was to quiet. Then it was not just right and many of the times I recorded narration on the slides I would miss-speak and then have to redo the narration. I think with practice I could get better at it.
As I worked through the process of creating this digital story I learned new tricks along the way and every time I re-did my story it was better and better. I did find it challenging to convey all my thoughts and emotions in such a way as to get my idea out there and not create a cheesy photo story. I also found it challenging to find satisfaction with my photo story. All in all I say the experience was fun and I cannot wait to make another one.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Marianne Williamson
About Me
- Sandya
- Bothell, WA, United States
- Welcome to my Blog! I am a student teacher in the K-8 Tcert program at the University of Wasington Bothell Campus. While I am very excited and enthusiastic to get into the classroom, I cycle through stages of fear and doubt, sometimes feeling confident, sometimes feeling inadequate. I hope my role as a teacher allows me to create a classroom that builds interesting, creative, curriculum that is fun and relevant. I hope I can create a classroom community that nurtures students and gets them interested in school. I hope I can cultivate caring, trusting, relationships with my students’ that encourages the creation of knowledge. I worry I will not know how to build these important connections with my students.
These projects can be so open ended and that's the good news and the bad news sometimes! And yes, there will be chances to do more and to keep exploring this medium.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to watch it later tonight.